Minutes of the Alumni Association Meeting held on Monday, 8th February, 2016
at De Nobili School, Sijua
1) Patron – Fr. Victor Misquith S.J.
2) President – Mrs. Tanushree Banerjee
3) Vice President – Dr. Sushil Kumar
4) Secretary / Joint Secretary
a) Mr. Manoj Khemka
b) Mr. Mukul Lala
5) Treasurer – Mr. Ravi Shekhar Khaitan
6) Counsellor – Mrs. Rinita Saha
7) Members – Executive Committee
a) Mrs. Chaitali Mukherjee
b) Mr. Arun Mehra
c) Mr. Umesh Kumar Singh
d) Mr. Samir Paul
1) Vice President – Mr. Rajesh Gupta
2) Joint treasurer – Mr. Sanjay Nagpal
This being the first meeting of the executive body towards the formation of Alumni association of De Nobili School, Sijua, the following decisions were taken regarding a few pertinent points:
• It was unanimously decided that alumni association is to be named as De Nobili Sijua Alumni Association (DNSAA)
• Registration fee for all new entrants will be Rs. 2000/-. There after annual subscription of Rs. 500 p.a. Members can also opt for Life Membership by paying an amount of Rs. 5000/- at one go along with the Reg. Fee of Rs. 2000/-.
• Students passing out ISC can also join the association by paying a Reg. amount of Rs. 1000/-.
• A bank account is to be opened in the name of De Nobili Sijua Alumni Association at Axis Bank, Bank More Dhanbad, for which the President, the Treasurer and the secretary will meet the bank manager of Thursday, 11th Feb, 2016.
• For all financial transactions the signatories will be the President and the Secretary/Treasurer.
• To begin with the formal functioning of the association, the school will provide the association a room and some basic furniture.
• All initial paper works will be done by the School Secretary, Mr. Ricky Luke Sah and later it will be taken up by the office bearer/s.
• It was decided that the executive committee will meet atleast 4 times a year, for which the quorum must be of 7 members. The meetings will be presided over by the President.
• A Whatsapp group is to be created only for the executive members of the Alumni Association, which will be used for official purpose and communication.
• The name and the details of the other committee members will be uploaded on the schools website (www.dnssijua.com) in the DNSAA section on the menu bar. Here there will be provision for the ex-students to get themselves registered online by selecting the option “Register Now”.
• Seal and a Letter pad to be made for DNSAA. All the expenses incurred by the association will be borne by the association itself from its funds.
• After opening the bank account all the members of De Nobili Sijua Alumni Association will be registered with JAAI (Jesuit Alumni Association of India) by paying initially a sum of Rs. 2000/- and there after annual subscription charges of Rs. 1500/- p.a. The School’s address is to be used for getting the association registered.
• A constitution for DNSAA will be drawn up in the subsequent meetings and from time to time some features can be amended.
Mr. Samir Paul very kindly sponsored snacks for all the members of the executive committee. Mr. Ricky Luke Sah briefed about the webpage construction and the format of the linking pages and online forms. Dr. Sushil contacted a Local Daily Newspaper Publisher (Prabhat Khabar) and outlined the mission and the vision of DNSAA. The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the chair.